Public Open Day
Every year, in the Autumn, Owl Farm opens its farm gates for the public to experience a working dairy farm. Over 350 people attend each year and last year for 40% of attendees this was their first time on a dairy farm. Thanks to our wonderful partners Lincoln University, Ballance Agri-nutrients, DairyNZ, Fonterra FarmSource, PGGWrightson seeds, Westpac, staff and students at St Peter’s School Cambridge and our local farmers, who all help organise and host visitors on the day.
- Completing the Dairy Passport to win great prizes
- Watching the cows being milked
- Exploring inside a Fonterra tanker
- Calculating pH of different drinks
- Discovering what nutrients plants need to grow
- Meeting Rosie the Cow
- Free BBQ lunch and drinks
- Understanding what cows eat
- St Peter’s Ag innovation in action
- Tours of the wetland
- Lots of giveaways for the kids
Our next Public Open day is on Saturday 9th April 2022. We’d love to see you there.