Public Open Day
Every year, in the Autumn, Owl Farm opens its farm gates for the public to experience a working dairy farm. Over 350 people attend each year and last year for 40% of attendees this was their first time on a dairy farm. Thanks to our wonderful partners Lincoln University, Ballance Agri-nutrients, DairyNZ, Fonterra FarmSource, PGGWrightson seeds, Westpac, staff and students at St Peter’s School Cambridge and our local farmers, who all help organise and host visitors on the day. Our gates are open from 10am to 2pm.
- Completing the Dairy Passport to win great prizes
- Watching the cows being milked (11am to 12.30pm)
- Exploring inside a Fonterra tanker
- Calculating pH of different drinks
- Discovering what nutrients plants need to grow
- Meeting Rosie the Cow
- Free BBQ lunch and drinks
- Understanding what cows eat
- St Peter’s Ag innovation in action
- Walking tours of the wetland (leaving at 11am and 12.30pm)
- Meeting some of the cows that make your milk
- Lots of giveaways for the kids
Our next Public Open day is on Saturday 1st April 2023. We’d love to see you there.