Owl Farm requires a healthy business to support the progress we make in animal well-being, environmental footprint and workplace quality. We maintain a manageable level of debt to service that allows continued investment, along with a cost structure that allows progress in good payout years and survives low payout years. We aim to attract premium value for products at an appropriate cost structure.
- Farm working expenses (FWE) of $4 per kg milksolids produced
- Operating profit in the top 20% of Waikato Owner Operator farms in DairyBase
- Return on Assets of 6% every year
- Break-even milk price of $5/kg milksolids
- Opening debt of $20/kg milksolids